ČeskyDeutschEnglish

Info Dubi - offer tours, events and attractions  /  Place

City Guide Dubi and surroundings



Area

Categories

Intended for


Area

Categories

Area

Categories

Area

Categories

Area

Categories

GPS:
50°39'53.99"N, 13°46'52.16"E

Points of interest: Culture, Nature

Intended for: Family, Senior, school groups

How: by car, cycling, on foot

Practical information:

Dubi map and surroundings

I am reading map…

The Chapel of St. Hubert in Mstisov and the Chapel of St. John of Nepomuk in Pozorka

The Chapel of St. Hubert in Mstisov and the Chapel of St. John of Nepomuk in Pozorka

The Chapel of St. Hubert in Mstisov and the Chapel of St. John of Nepomuk in PozorkaThe Chapel of St. Hubert in Mstisov and the Chapel of St. John of Nepomuk in Pozorka

The village square in Mstišov is dominated by the baroque Chapel of St. Hubert. The chapel was built in 1707 by the then owner of the local manor, Francis Charles Clary Aldringen, and the builder, being a native of Dubí, Kristian Lagler. In the gable of the rectangular-shaped chapel supplemented by a niche, there are statues of St. Hubert (at the top) and the patron saints St. Wenceslas (left) and St. John of Nepomuk (right). St. Hubert is revered as the patron saint of hunters and gamekeepers; a Christian legend has it that an encounter with a deer which had a cross between its antlers brought him to Christianity. The first evidence of prayer to St. Hubert date from the 15th century; his following, however, was introduced here by the German nobility and especially by the most notable figure of Czech Baroque and patron of the arts Count Francis Anthony Spork. With this dedication, Francis Charles Clary Aldringen showed not only his fondness for hunting, but also his piety, as was not only common, but also fashionable in the Baroque era. The chapel was completely renovated in April 2005 for social and cultural events. In late June, a traditional pilgrimage takes place in the meadow in Mstišov.
Another chapel with a bell tower embellishes the centre of Pozorka. It is dedicated to St. John of Nepomuk and dates from 1858. By the 1970s, the chapel had deteriorated considerably, but was completely reconstructed in 2001, and is now also being used for cultural and social events.

Realizace - NOESIS